Thursday, April 12, 2012

Almost Two Years Is A Long Time

This July, as we launch the start of our cross-country bike ride, the month
will also mark two years since I handed my sons over voluntarily to a foster
parent. I did this, as part of an agreement, while the NY court investigated
my allegations that their grandmother was behaving inappropriately. She'd
been caring for them while I was getting treatment for Military Sexual Trauma.
And sued me for custody in 2009.

Charges were never filed though our family counselor agreed, her behavior
was troubling. I did, however, lose physical custody of my sons in the eleventh
hour, due mainly to my lack of representation in a Texas Family Court, in
February 2011.

I'm hoping I can further strengthen my resolve to get my sons back, during
 my Long Road Home journey. I honestly, don't know how I've made it
this far. There, but for the grace of God go I.

Without my sons, I'm not sure where home is?

No comments:

Post a Comment