Tuesday, April 3, 2012

LRHP Countdown: Day 104 Thoughts On The Road

A work out didn't happen today. Recovery from the six-mile walk is underway on a cellular level. Trust me .... it hoits! :) It's a pain I welcome, because the ultimate consequence of this ride far outweighs my temporary discomfort. I'll be more fit, leaner, more energetic. Hopefully, a sense of core centeredness will result. Trekking down the highway between my house in Speigletown and Frear Park is made easier by the heart pumping, distracting tunes shouting out of my MP3 player. However, I almost fell like a pile of pick-up sticks when a car zoomed by me, after I'd already gotten into my groove. The hypervigilence is ever present, and the idea of riding a bike down strange highways to strange destinations with nothing but me, the wind and the sun is bewildering to say the least. These days, if I leave the house twice a week, it's a lot. It's easy to sink into a chair and marry a laptop when the world through my traumatized eyes can sometimes seem, and feel, so treacherous. But, it's something I must face, if I'm going to live life to the fullest, and get back to my precious sons. I'll accept nothing less from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment